• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Where do you park your RV / Trailer / Toys?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Last year had been a year of changes for me and my family, going to make 2015 a year where we get back to nature a little bit and take the family camping.

So, since I'm getting to old to go tent camping, it's time to get a trailer. Looking around, looks like the cheapest storage is about $50/month, or $600/year. We'll, I've got a side yard with roughly 35' x 12' of unused space, for about 1.5 to 2 years worth of storage fees I can have a fence built so I can store the trailer in my otherwise totally unused side yard. Plus that will give me a place to go if I need to get some work done, and it gives a little extra space for guests should we get any out of towners coffee driving through town.

So I'm just wondering if I should get the fence and gate built and have gravel put down or maybe find a low growing grass that's easy to control with a weed eater? With a trailer and a new fence and gate, it's not going to get a lot of sun in there, but I do want to make certain that it drains properly.

Thoughts?

78Chinook

My Chinook fits into a standard garage--it's 17 ft long and less than 80 in tall. It's one of the reasons I got it. Otherwise, it would have to occupy driveway and negativity from SWMBO.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I park my old truck in a portable wigwam. Its a temporary solution for a few years while I have another project on the go in my garage..There is heavy poly on the floor to keep moisture out,,,these shelters are like a green house! Without poly on floor the truck will get packed with frost inside and out!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
A few years back I excavated my side yard down 4" and filled it with 5" of gravel. My side yard is 14' wide and 41' long.
The advantages of gravel are you can park on it without sinking, it offers great irrigation, clean up is as easy as raking the gravel and killing any weeds.
I do need to add a few inchs of gravel this spring due to settling, but I want to put up a pole barn over the area first to keep debris off of what ever I park underneath.
I recently bought a used 30' camp trailer that will be getting parked there after I move my Tacoma and Carson car trailer somewhere else.
Now that I have dug down on this side of the yard there is a lot of water ... i'm going to have to dig down I think and put in a gravity drain ... or a full proper french drain because it's pretty muddy over here.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I park my old truck in a portable wigwam. Its a temporary solution for a few years while I have another project on the go in my garage..There is heavy poly on the floor to keep moisture out,,,these shelters are like a green house! Without poly on floor the truck will get packed with frost inside and out!

That's very nice! Really wish I had enough land to do that.

Related Content You Might Like: