• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Trucks last longer than Ford/Chevy/Dodge? Help me win a bet

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Ok, so I have a bet with a co-worker that deals with the longevity of Trucks.

Please give me your input so I can use it to win my bet.

Our disagreement comes from the idea that everyone knows that Toyota CARS last longer than domestic-US cars like a Chevy, Ford or Dodge car, but when we started taling about trucks we got into an argument.

My co-worder said that US-made trucks will last longer when put to work than a toyota truck. He kept saying that Toyotas are "TOYS" and not for real work. I said that maybe was the case in the past, but now the Tundra and Tacoma are really legitimate work/play/sport/commuter vehicles that will out-last anything on the road.

WHO CAN BACK ME UP?

Please let me know:
  1. what type of truck you drive.
  2. how many miles you have on it.
  3. what type of maintenance you have done.
  4. any major mechanical repairs?
  5. how happy you are with it.

arantom

I think no one can bet you back.You are absolutely right.Toyota is the best.No one can beat it back.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My present DD is a 99 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4x4 I bought new in 99, she's outlived 2 other domestic trucks.

SurferBoy

I have seen too many of dad's friends american pickups not go where we went when we were growing up. His truck would outrun anything 4x4-ing. It didn't have half the problems that their trucks had either with things needing to be replaced or scrapped. I think that foreign trucks and cars outlast the american cars and trucks by a long shot. Which is sad, wish our american auto makers weren't in it so much for the money but instead to make quality like they used to

MD_Weems

100 Posts
I have to agree with you Toyota Girl - Toyotas last way longer than any domestic car or truck I've ever driven. Although my grandpa bought an '86 Chevy Celebrity brand new and it lasted to right at 300K miles. He treated it like a baby, but that thing just wouldn't stop running. As far as toyotas go, my 93 T100 had well over 190K when I traded it in. I have no doubt it would have gone much, much more. I know people with the older 4Runners, one has over 255K miles on his and won't drive anything else.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I think that a lot of this comes down to how you are using the truck and how well you are maintaining it. If you put the money into it, they will all last the same amount of time, that is they will keep going on forever. The question, which will be cheaper to keep going for long-term. I have to think that when they are used, it might be getting to the point where they're all about the same.

Moe Foe

Simple. When is the last time you have seen a 1970's or 80's Toyota. Yea, long time huh!! Bet if you look you see many Domestic trucks from that era. So what really last longer and is more durable. Don't care what you read in CR or heard from your buddies. You will loose the bet! Back away any way you can!!

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: